St Vincent DePaul Parish
- 1010 W. Webster, Chicago
- Saturdays, October 6, 20 from 10:00 am to noon and November 3 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
Commitment: Attend all sessions and complete the homework practices
Mindfulness is more than just meditation. It is learning to live in the present, instead of rehashing the past or worrying about the future. It is popping out of autopilot and becoming aware of our thoughts. We have greater balance, control and fuller participation in life when we are in control of our thoughts.
We learn to see our habitual behavior and to determine which habits no longer serve us. By training our brain we have access to a calm yet alert state of mind.
In this class, learn how mindfulness can help you:
- Increase your attention span and amplify your focus
- Become master of your thoughts
- Respond rather than react to challenging situations
- Increase your curiosity to improve your listening skills
Meditation is only one of the many practices to develop mindfulness. Developing mindfulness is like getting in shape. To see the benefits, you need to practice regularly. Explore formal mindfulness exercises as wells as informal ones you can easily slip into your day.
Topics will include:
- What is Mindfulness?
- Mindful Eating, Breathing and Walking
- Body Scan
- Respond or React
- Our Storytelling Minds
- Loving Kindness
- RAIN (Recognize, Allow, Investigate, Nurture)
- Willingness to Be with Things as They Are
Register Today! Class is Limited to 15 Participants